The touch plate is great, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The touch plate is great, but...

I like it because it makes getting Z0 easy. But one of the reasons I was looking forward to using it was making sure that my tool changes all had the same Z0. Not the case!

this isn’t the first time it bit me in the butt, just the first one I took a picture of.

any suggestions about how to get the Z0 more exact? V bit with end mill clearing out the larger area...

Did you use the touch plate again after changing the bit?
    This happened to me also, I found you have to use the touch plate after each tool change.

Comment

Yep - the whole purpose for me getting the touch plate...

Comment

In that case review the files, you may have the zero set incorrectly for one of the tool tap files. Or the depth of cut may be set wrong.

Comment

It’s a vcarve with “use wider bit to clear” so no, it’s not the software depth setting. And both the v bit and endmill used the touch plate...

Comment

Ok I am at a loss then.

Comment

Sorry I can't help because I came here looking for a solution to the same problem. Makes your project look like you carved it with a chisel.

Comment

Not that this solves anything but I usually verify the tools a second time after using the touch plate. Since it tells the offset it helps to verify that the correct distance has been detected on the second touch check since it is based off the first time.

Comment

Working...
                X