T nuts for HD4 track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T nuts for HD4 track

I'm at a loss. I just sent back my second set of T nuts. The first set were too small and the nut wouldn't stay in the track. This set, was too big. It _might_ have fit but the slot is shaped with a curve so the 1/2' wide nut might have fit if it were thinner.
    All the Amazon offerings have differing measurements. I don't want to keep buying and not using.
    Can someone who has successfully used T nuts please send me a link? I'm using 1/4 x 20 nylon pan head bolts.

Then grind or file the sides into an oval shape that will fit in the channel. Take measurements and post them also.

Comment

I went through the same thing until I found them on NW’s website and ordered from them. Check with them

Comment

I just ordered 2 sets from off the NW site. The shipping cost more than the T nuts! Hopefully they'll fit and I can add the spoil boards to my HD4.

Comment

That’s what I did Charles. I cut slats from MDF and attached them with recessed 1/4-20 flat head machine screws. I can now secure boards with either clamps or screw to the MDF slats

Comment

Go to your local hardware store and buy toilet flange bolts. about 3 bucks

Comment

Got them. Now all I have to do is get my head out of my ... and install. Too much fun carving - don’t want to spend time on maintenance!

Comment

Working...
              X