T-nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-nuts

Anyone know of a source for T-nuts that would fit the table slots of the Shark. They would have to have a threaded hole just like the ones used on milling machines etc. I want to make some spoil board slats such as I’ve seen on Axiom CNC’s. That would allow for using both clamps or screws for holding the workpiece.

Used to be able to find them on Rockler and Woodcraft - last time though I got them off of Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

Comment

Thanks,
      It looks as though the 1/4-20's are no longer available however they had 10-24'S listed which is what I was looking for. I placed and order so we'll see if they ship.

Comment

5/16 also works on the t tracks on the table. They are a little tighter to move around but they hold a little tighter too without getting sucked up into the gap. Woodcraft has a 5/16 sliding T nut and then you can get a plastic philips head screw to counter sink in the spoilboard. IF you do happen to get into the board the plastic head will not mess up your bit either.

Comment

Timber Wolf,

Good idea for non metallic screws. Great for those "miscalculations"

Comment

Well, the beat goes on. I did receive my order however, the oval nuts don’t fit quite like I want. Too loose. I just found a website which feature T-nuts for aluminum track so I ordered two different styles from them and hopefully, they will be what I’m looking for.

Comment

I bought T bolts on Amazon. The T’s were too thick to fit the slot. A few quick strokes in a vice with my file and they fit perfectly. So now I have my clamp bolts...

i also bought several types types and sizes of T nut to attach my spoil board with plastic bolts. None from amazon fit - too big / too small. So I relented and bought a couple packs from NWA. They fit great. The shipping seemed high but I needed them.

Comment

Working...
              X