Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for HD4 Extended Base Table Ideas & Feedback...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for HD4 Extended Base Table Ideas & Feedback...

I finally took the plunge and bought the HD4 Extended base this weekend. While I'm waiting to take delivery, I would like to get the base built and have been searching for ideas and past experiences of others but I'm surprised there isn't more out there, I'm probably not looking in the right places. I saw one guy do a nice job of mounting it on a platform attached to his shop wall with diagonal supports anchored to the wall bottom but I need to be able to move mine around so I'm looking for a couple things:
    1. I know the table dimensions as stated are: 28'' x 63'' - what is the optimal base dimension?
    2. Is it necessary to cover the table i.e. with a sheet of MDF or is it better to leave it open for dust to pass through?
    3. I went "all-in" and got the water cooled spindle so I want to make sure I've accommodated the pump in my design, has anyone devised a mounting platform beneath the table?
    4. As far as optimal height, I will probably build it to the height of my other tools like my table saw at 34" but would like others inputs.
    Thanks, if there are links that someone has to point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it!

There is a rebate for a free water cooled spindle, Next Wave shipped mine to my home, it arrived before I took delivery of the CNC.

Comment

Sorry I didnt see your post earlier but I am attaching the a picture of the table I built for my machine. I added in a drawer, wired in 4 recep box and the casters are rated for 1000 lbs.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's what I ended up doing over the Christmas holiday. I went to Rockler who had powder coated angle-iron you can buy in sections, I purchased 4-60", 4-24" and 4 32" vertical legs that receive locking casters (I believe rated at 1,000 lbs as well). When I got the frame together, I added the top, back, sides, decided to do a face frame and put drawers in to hold bits, supplies, tools, etc. and the cabinet door is where the coolant will be. I also changed out the original hoses that came with the spindle to longer hoses so I could neatly wrap and conceal them while still reaching the furthest points of the table. I'm happy with the outcome but as is always the case, I'll probably have a number of changes as I continue to use it and develop efficiencies.

Comment

Here's mine.

Comment

I Went to lowe's and purchased a cabinet base unit and a butcher block top. I also had on hand a "Shop Fox" heavy duty base. I flipped the cabinet upsidedown, and reinforced it with 2x4 stock around the inside edges, then I drilled holes in the roller base corner units and attached with 3/8-16 bolts. (they will never move) I attached the butcher block top with construction adhesive and angle brackets. TaDa!

Comment

Here's my setup. Not an extended but I find that the cable management and layout work well... I even fabricated a small pendant holder.

Comment

Working...
              X