Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser issues with hd4

Good Morning all,

I've owned my shark for 8 months now. works flawlessly until.... trying to install the laser.

Test mode: No red light, no laser.
    Run a job and red light comes on but....no laser.
    Set up multiple tools, spindle speeds but still no laser.
    Yes, I looked into the key on the back it appears to be in perfect condition.

Any Ideas guys?

Thanks and have fun today!

Hi h18c,

Do you have an HD4 or HD3? That would help better diagnose your issue.

Comment

Says Laser issue with HD4 in the post description.

Comment

Sorry, I overlooked that!

Could you post a picture of your controller and hub connected, so I can verify everything is connected correctly?
        Also, what firmware are you running? Go to Apps > About Controller and take a look at what you currently have installed.
        Should be an easy fix with that information.

Comment

Running 3.0 Will run update tonight to upgrade firmware and see if I can get it to work. Any other ideas.I sent you an email also. please send me any ideas!

Comment

Brandon, couldn't run the update. Plugged pc via USB cord in to control box. Did not recognize. Thoughts?

Comment

Try using the piranha laser post processor. You do have to use a laser post processor to get the laser to turn on

Comment

When picking the laser as the tool the spindle speed is the laser power. That was my problem I Kept putting in a zero so the laser wouldn't turn on. ^Also what toolpath are you using. I had to use the engraving toolpath.

Comment

Working...
                X