Estimating print time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estimating print time?

Is there any way to estimate the printing time of an object? I've searched the manual and looked around in the NW3D software but haven't seen anything. After I start printing I've been looking at the % complete and elapsed time on the touch panel and using this to give me an estimate of how long it will take to complete printing. However, this doesn't let me know beforehand how long I have to allocate to babysitting the printer. Thanks in advance for the help.

Doesn't seem like anyone has an answer to this. Maybe this could be a feature of a future release of the NW3D software. Hope somebody is listening.

Comment

I usually open the model in Cura to get estimates but have not been able to compare times to the print head yet. You can download Cura for free.

Comment

Thanks meb!

Comment

Where in Cura do you get estimates on print time? I had a copy of Cura installed on my laptop, loaded my model into cura, but can't find anywhere it gives you print time estimates. Thanks

Comment

I am running the latest version of Cura V15.04.2 You need to setup your machine parameters Then when you load a model it runs calculations and then displays the estimated time, length in meters and weight in grams of the model in the upper left corner of the 3d field.

Comment

Thanks meb. I'll give that a try.

Comment

Working...
              X