Table extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table extension

Here is the design for an extension to the table. It slides onto the side rails and extends the sides and the front so that you get full support beyond the usable cutting range. This will allow you to add a sacrificial waste board as well as milled square edge supports on the left and front edges so your work piece will be square to the machine's travel and you'll be able to use fewer clamps. If you have some scrap 3/4" hardwood flooring you can use that to make this. You can use carriage or T-slot bolts through the sides to lock it in place after sliding it onto the table.

Unfortunately I can't upload the PDF file because it's more than 20k bytes. Hello admin? Can you set a realistic value?
    Last edited by Fean; 12-16-2015, 12:39 PM.

Did you get a message when you tried to post the file? I posted 199k bytes at one time yesterday.

It might just be this site because I have tried to post before and the site just locks up and will not post or reload even after restarting the browser or using another browser.

Comment

• Fean
      Fean commented
      Editing a comment
      I've uploaded larger files already, but when I select the file and it would normally do the upload it tells me how big my file is an that it's bigger then the 20000 byte limit. So yeah, they have this forum messed up some how. Maybe total limit for everyone or per user instead of just the actual file size.

Sometimes it seems like only one person can be on the site at one time. If two people try to login it overloads the site.

Comment

Fean, am interested in your table extension. How can I access the PDF you mentioned in your Dec. 16, 2015 post?

Comment

NWA is ignoring this forum. They haven't fixed it still so the file upload remains limited to 20K bytes and the file is 126K, sorry.

Comment

Too bad the flag feature doesn't work either.

Comment

Here is the file.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Fean.

Comment

my table extension Table extension.jpg

Comment

Nice, and I like the alignment fence. I do a bunch of large feed through work so I added and inch on each side of the table to mount hold down clamps because I can't always use the front and back.

Comment

I also have another fence (rail) I can put in any t-slot to make a fence anywhere on table. Great for multiple parts.

Comment

why are pictures not showing ?

Comment

Originally posted by airhed View Post
                        why are pictures not showing ?
                        They have to be small enough and then use the camera icon in the upper left of the post reply box.

Comment

they were there and now not there. I click pic icon and get itty bitty word..........null

Comment

Seems that if you are not logged in you cannot view or download pdf or jpeg files. After I logged in I was able to view and download the PDF and Jpeg files with no problems.

Comment

Working...
                            X