Duty cycle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty cycle

I was running a project and the complete run time is about 4 hrs. 2hours in the pendant stopped responding. Controller feels warm but pendant is cool.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've had similar issues and determined the file size was too much for the controller to handle. Solution was to use multiple toolpaths if possible.

Comment

I'm a long time owner - before pendant - and now have an HD4 with pendant. Back in the early days I realized how poor the power was in my shop, and that it might be affecting the performance of the shark. I use an UPS to condition the power going to the control box and since then have never had a problem with long run times or jobs pausing in the middle. Routinely run 6-14 hour jobs with pendant with no problem. The UPS also enables a graceful shutdown if there is a power outage - about 5 minutes in my case. I won't claim with authority it will solve your problem, but do think worth considering. I'm not aware of a limitation in file size with the pendant.

Comment

Working...
      X