centering object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• centering object

when I use the front left corner for my X,Y datum my object is not centered left to right

Did you select to center object with the align tool?

Comment

yes and I carved a line with v-bit and another 23 inches to the right the line was 23 and 1/16th inches apart

Comment

Can you upload the Vcarve file you are using so we can see it ?

Comment

I have no idea how to do that

Comment

X test.crv is this what you need X test.crv

Comment

Your material width is set to 23", The file is showing it will carve the right and left lines 21.5" apart, from what I see it looks correct. Maybe you should go to https://forum.vectric.com/ and explain your problem there and let some of the more experienced individuals look at it and explain what you think is wrong, it looks correct to me but I am pretty new at this. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Comment

My lines are cutting 21 and 9/16ths

Comment

Is this the same post processor you are using CNCSHARK-USB ARKS (INCH)(*.TAP)?
                  Attached Files

Comment

yes that is correct

Comment

21 9/16th sound about right. You have it set to cut on the line at 21.5" cutting at a depth of .0313 with a 60 degree v bit. The way I calculate it the line you cut is going to be .05 wide (.025 on both sides of the center point of the line). So the measurement from outside of the lines should be 21.55", 21 9/16= 21.56. Hope I don't confuse you, I'll add a picture to help clarify. 60 degree V bit.PNG

Comment

If you measure from the right side on the first line and to the right side of the second line it should be 21.5 correct ?

Comment

I just did a profile cut on a 22 by 10 inch rectangle the y at 10 is perfect the 22 in x is 3/64 long

Comment

Yes to the measurement. Strange that it is cutting a little long on the Y. Not sure I can help, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                            X