Losing my Z axis zero on Shark Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing my Z axis zero on Shark Pro

In the past week, my CNC has been losing its Z zero in the middle of projects which is resulting in cutting my projects in half and cutting through clamps. When I set my zero and run my project all is well until randomly the z will go to raise but not raise to the height it thinks it raised. It sounds like it hits a physical block, but I have thoroughly checked out the system and cannot find any issues. The result of this causes the z to be much lower than it really is which then cuts things to pieces. Pictures below to show the issue.

My issue occurs only with the Z axis, the others are good.

When the z raises between cuts it is not going to the height that the system believes it is going to. Due to this, it goes much lower on the following cut. When I E-Stop and say return to zero, it is off by nearly an inch. I have lost multiple projects now and am trying to find out what is wrong.

- I cleaned the z axis thoroughly. To do this I took off the router and mounting bracket along with the servo motor. I meticulously cleaned all of the parts and ensured smooth movement up and down. I checked the plastic threads on the t nut and did not see any damage nor did the bearings or t-nut catch anywhere.

- I have 2 driver chips for the z axis (1 extra), the problem is occuring on both of them and they were both known to be fine prior to this issue. The problem also occurred when I used the y axis driver board (which has never had an issue).

- the servo seems to operate fine as i tested it when i disconnected it from the rod. It spun well even after grabbing onto lightly.

- i changed the x & z cable out and could not effectively replicate the problem. It seems to only occur after running a file and I still could not replicate it.

See Below - you can see the actual location of the bit is below zero and part way cutting through my circle. It was in the process of moving to the next circle to cut out when I caught it. According to the program, you can see it believes the Z is at .625 ABOVE my project.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

20190914_152319.jpg20190914_152100.jpg

Working...
X